Hi, my name is Eugene Scheepers and this is my blog. I am an entrepreneur in my twenties and I use this blog as an outlet for my thoughts and ideas on business, life, exercise, and some cool tools that I use every day.
I was born in Namibia and I attended Paul Roos Gymnasium in Stellenbosch, South Africa.
I went on to study mechanical engineering at Stellenbosch University and got my degree in 2017.
Ever since I can remember I have had the dream of starting my own company and living life on my own terms. After 3 years of working 8-5 as a mechanical engineer, I finally built up the courage to quit my "safe" job and started my first company The Daily Wine.
Honestly, that was the best choice I have ever made, and I have not regretted the decision for one second.
What I am working on at the moment
- Continuing to grow my online wine business The Daily Wine
- Recently I became the co-owner of Kiki & Co. We sell beautiful bespoke medical scrubs and our mission is to enable medical professionals to Make An Impression - While Making An Impact
Why start a blog?
Being an entrepreneur involves solving hundreds of problems a day, iterating all the time, reading tons of books, and constantly looking for ways to improve my business and lifestyle.
I have come to realize that I have a lot to share on these topics and I hope you will find them valuable.
Hopefully, you learn from my failures
I have had many of my ventures fail (20+ to be exact). I have lost a bit of money on some of them and lots of money on others.
I believe each one of these failures has made me the entrepreneur I am today. They have been my real-life MBA.
Who is this blog NOT for?
- People who are comfortable with life as it is
- People who do not like taking risks
- People who accept things the way they are
- People who are part of the problem and not the solution
Who is this blog for?
- Fitness Enthusiasts
- Whisky Drinkers
- Book Enthusiasts
- Coffee Addicts
If you can identify with the second group of people, then sign up for the newsletter and you will get a mail each time I post a new post.